Qualified practice accountant (ACA or ACCA equivalent qualification)
Location: Wantage (OX12)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job type: Permanent
Who we are
We have recently merged with a larger firm of Accountants, Aspen Waite Ltd and are excited about our future growth and prospects. Aspen Waite was formed in 1993 by Paul Waite whose aim is TO BE DIFFERENT & RAISE THE BAR.
Aspen Waite South is based in Wantage Oxfordshire in a beautiful countryside location. Our goal is to bring happiness and joy to the workplace, allowing our clients to prosper and manage their business and do what they are best at while Aspen Waite take care of the rest.
We believe in providing quality advice and support to all types of business’ and individuals regardless of their size.
We are looking for an experienced individual who would be supporting clients in providing professional accountancy services to owner managed business clients. Someone who possess an exceptional personality with a passion for personal development and who would be willing to assist and support our growing client portfolio.
Duties will include:
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification is essential
- You will be assisting a portfolio of client who range from small to medium size business owners
- Working on a variety of accounting software packages
- Preparation and review of management and year end accounts, VAT returns, budgets and cash flows
- Ability to improve working papers, accounts checklists and to review client systems for money laundering reporting requirements
- Preparation of VAT calculations and VAT returns (flat rate, cash or accrual basis)
- Meeting and liaising with clients; in person, via email and by telephone regarding year end and management accounts and any other enquiries
- Weekly work planning meetings with the Client Account Manager and Office Manager
- Dealing with staff queries on clients accounts preparation and other practice matters
Profile - The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience of working in practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accounts preparation skills and knowledge of current UK financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of Corporation and Income tax
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Methodical and practical approach with high level of attention to detail
- A self motivator
- Licence and own vehicle is essential as the bus route is not accessible from our office
- Free parking in a country side location
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Development and Training costs covered by Aspen Waite
- Free access to our health hub
Got a question?
Why not fill out our quick contact form below and a member of the team will respond shortly.
Receive our FREE monthly eNEWS, keeping you up to date with the latest news.
Registration on our website is quick and simple. On registration you will benefit from:
- Our FREE monthly eNEWS email newsletter which will keep you up to date with the latest news (this service is optional)
- On registration we'll email FREE resources to you with our compliments.
You only have to register once. You will be given a username and password that you can use at any time to log back into our website.
The latest topical new story.
Working from home and tax relief
A summary of the tax reliefs.